Nike unveils children's sneaker subscription. Steve Madden buys DTC brand Greats. Copa90 fashion lines inspired by English football clubs.
Nike unveils children’s sneaker subscription. Steve Madden buys DTC footwear brand Greats. Copa90 fashion lines inspired by English football clubs.
1. 👟 Nike Adventure Club is a sneaker subscription service for kids.
In addition to shoes, the subscription service comes with exclusive adventure guides, filled with outdoor games and activities that parents can do with their kids. The guides are a collaborative partnership between Nike and KaBoom, a national nonprofit focused on encouraging kids to lead active, healthy lifestyles. The move appears to have spillover into Foot Locker’s investment into children’s play company, Super Heroic (see our story here).
2. 🤝 Steve Madden Completes Acquisition of Greats Brand.
The deal continues the trend of legacy retailers buying up digital upstarts, allowing both companies to grow.
3. ⚽ Copa90 unveils fashion lines inspired by England’s top football clubs.
Moving further into fashion after Pride and Women’s World Cup runs, the football media brand has produced a new line-up of fashion. The designs included adopted illustrations created by YelraDoodles from the Copa90 Creator Network and ideas from fans of each of the 20 clubs.
4. ✊ How Hong Kong’s young protesters learned on the hoof and built a reserve of protective gear, and a network of drivers to transport it to demonstrations.
Protesters have learned from experience, sharing tips and even setting up a buyer’s guide in Telegram groups.
5. 🌎 UN climate change report: we must change how we use land and grow food.
Forestry and farming can both worsen and relieve the climate crisis, a panel of UN scientists says. But time is running out to act.
6. 💯 Simone Biles’s insane floor routine made gymnastics history.
The triple-double is a complicated move in gymnastics, one that requires two flips followed by three complete mid-air twists.
See all our recent News ⚡ updates here.