The Blackwing Volume 811 is a Dr. Maya Angelou-inspired pencil
Blackwing, purveyors of some of the best pencils around, has unveiled the Volume 811 also known as “The Library Pencil” inspired by the late Dr Maya Angelou. The pencils are part of their limited edition series.
- At a speech at the New York Public Library, the late Dr. Angelou described the humble library as “a rainbow in the clouds” so that “in the worst of times, in the meanest of times, in the dreariest of times… at all times the viewer can see a possibility of hope.”
- 811 refers to the section of the Dewey Decimal System containing some of Dr. Angelou’s most famous works and works from other inspirational writers
- The pencil features an emerald green finish and gold ferrule inspired by the iconic green lamps found in libraries around the world
- The body is made of incense cedar, with a firm Japanese graphite core, aluminum ferrule, and dust-free eraser
- It’s coated with a phosphorescent topcoat, making it a literal light in the dark
- A pack of 12 will run you $24.95 USD
Available now at Blackwing in limited quantities.